If you live in one of the Maryland counties that does not have an active Local League (Allegany, Carroll, Charles, Cecil, Garrett, Somerset, Worcester, or Wicomico Counties) and you are interested in joining LWV, you can
- Join as a Member-At-Large of LWV of Maryland
- Join as a MAL, find seven other interested people in your county, and start a new League! An experienced LWV member will help you get started and be your mentor. Contact the state office for more information.
As a member, you are always welcome at any League gathering, so visit another county and meet other Leaguers or come to a LWVMD event to see how things are done! Check the LWVMD calendar to see what's going on.
As a League Member-at-Large, you can play a unique role in carrying out the League's work in the county where you reside and in promoting membership in our fine organization.
- Find others who are interested and start a new League of Women Voters! It takes eight members to officially register. An experienced LWV member will help you get started and be your mentor.
- Subscribe to newsletters
- Join in our online Forums for ongoing dialogue with fellow Maryland League members about the many issues and concerns that affect us all.
- Be a League Reporter for your county. By doing so, you can be the eyes and ears of your community and county on important issues.
- Participate in studies and projects organized by LWVMD.
State LWV dues for an At-Large Membership are $50.00, but if you want to support the League with a family membership, add the extra $25.00 and click the box to join at the $75.00 household level! League work can involve the whole family!